Saturday, January 4, 2014

New District, New School, New Classroom....New Start?

So, it has been a year since I wrote.  Partially this is due to the fact that I kind of forgot about this blog.  However, it is also due to the fact that I had to change school districts.  I also started graduate school for a Masters in Literacy Education through Hamline University.

So, here is my new classroom!  I still teach 5th grade, however, I am now on the North side of Minneapolis.


Here is my new classroom.  I have an interesting nook area, which I made into my classroom library. My new school did not provide me with a "real" classroom library (there were about 50 books when I started).  I the library consists of mostly my own books.  I spruced it up with some curtains and paper flowers.


Next to my library are my only cupboards in the classroom and a sink.  I use it for student supplies with post-it note labels for easy access for students.   I also showcase picture books on the top and I bring them down weekly for students to peruse.


My new classroom has really, really high ceilings (I'm on the third floor).  So, I had to put up sheet bulletin boards and the top part of the bulletin boards don't change since I need to be on a ladder.


Here is my desk area at the beginning of the school year.  Things have changed since then!


Here was how the class was set up for the first day of school.  My mom made the wonderful triangle banner (thanks!).  I quickly changed the format after I got to know my 27 students.


No comments:

Post a Comment